Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fall is In the Air!!


Just a quick note to say how much I enjoy the fall.

The leaves have all turned
And are starting to parade the sky on their earthly journey.
I love the colours.
The smells.
The cool crisp air balanced with a peeking sun.
Excitement builds as children plan their disguises.
Who will I become as I roam my neighborhood in search of sugary delights?

The glow of the orange smile on people's doorstep.
The warmth of home calling you
To sit and relax
As the sun begins to creep out of the sky earlier and earlier,
Leaving a peaceful evening of family, reflection and finally slumber.

Just felt poetic -- hope you are enjoying the fall as much as I am!

3 comments:

Laurz said...

Nice lal. That was great. I know how ya feel. I love how fall smells, it even smells the same in NYC... love love love you.

Kaylee said...

That was a purdy poem!

I don't like fall very much, but you've reminded me of the good things about it that I tend to overlook!

One thing I do like about fall is the crunchy leaves (except in BC, where they're soggy!).

Love ya! xoxo

gstrelau said...

Love the Picture of Caede and of course your poem. Would you believe we have snow today. Hope it doesn't last too long.
Mom