Saturday, November 18, 2006

Wow! Has it been a week already?!!!

I can't believe it's already been a week since my last entry! What a crazy fast paced world we live it!

Went to see Fiddler last night (hadn't seen it since opening) and I have to admit it is a pretty darn good show! I am so thrilled with the dedication in performance that my cast has given me -- they put their heart and soul into it every night!!

It's strange though -- there were a lot of people that I knew last night who came to see it. On one hand it's incredibly moving to see people come out and support your show, community theatre, local actors etc. But on the other hand, I always leave with a bit of a sick feeling in my stomach. I end up feeling so desperate for acceptance from those who's opinions mean so much to me. But in the end I have to remind myself that one person's prize is another person's waste -- an opinion is all so relative. This doesn't really help my desire to be loved and accepted, but it does help remind me that my acceptance doesn't rely on my talent.

Anyway, I don't usually have 'deep thoughts' like these -- or should I say like to expose my vulnerabilities, but I thought I'd 'put it out there' because I know we ALL battle with the desire for success, acceptance, praise, and appreciation.

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Kaylee and I had a convo last night about acceptance and you have a wonderful and very true point. Although we usually strive to be loved and accepted in what we do, the people who are the closest to us will always be there, whether we are the lead or in the chorus. (haha sorry for the bad theatre analogy, but the blog did have to do with Fiddler)

Kimmy said...

PS Love the picture of you and Brad :)

Laurz said...

here here!!!!! well said.

Kaylee said...

Totally know all about it, Lal... I guess the feeling never leaves you. All I can say is I'm glad you feel these things too - it shows you're human! The show was great last night - it made me sad that I couldn't be a part of it.

Love you! And it was great to see you last night!

Kaylee xox