Tuesday, November 21, 2006

FAMILY! FAMILY! FAMILY!

Brad and I have this 'tradition' that we do with Caedence, where we have this group hug and then we start out very quiet chanting: 'family...family...family'. And then we get louder and louder so finally were yelling: 'FAMILY! FAMILY! FAMILY! (I know what you're thinking -- my son is messed up for life!)

There really is nothing like family! My cousin from Denmark just visited for a few days and we actually
had NEVER met before. I have been to Denmark, but both times I went, I was unable to meet him. So finally I did -- and I have to say, it's so strange to meet someone that you've never met, and to know that you are connected by blood! Yet, in my experience, there seems to be this immediate ease and familiarity with one another. I love it! When I went to Denmark it was like 'going home' even thought I had never been there!! (My cousin's name is Johannes, and his friend's name was Arhnas (not sure of the spelling)

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few thoughts and reflections about family. You can also remember me in your prayers, as I am DESPERATELY hoping to go to New York soon, but haven't found a place to stay yet (but I believe it's going to happen!!!).

Hope you are ALL well, and that you take a moment to appreciate the beautiful family's (whether 'by-blood' or 'adopted') that we all have here on earth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

family is great. i agree !!! :)

get your butt over here!!!

Anonymous said...

ps. your cousin is hot! heeheee

Kaylee said...

I thought those were people covered in mud...

I hope I can witness your family chanting huddle one day!

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

I couldn't figure out the mud people either! But I think I got it now...I think... Family is the best-est!

Kaylee said...

so I hear you're actually going to NYC!!! Congrats! You'll have a blasty.. what shows are you seeing?

Come to my show with Kimmy on Wednesday! 2 for 1! YAY!