Sunday, September 03, 2006

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

As you may already know -- I'm not one to 'shy' away from telling people it's my birthday. Even though I'm getting older (and don't really want to), I like taking time out to remember that this was the day many, many, years ago that I was brought into the world. And what a crazy world this is.

On another note, I went to Alissa Peterson's wedding today and it was beautiful! For those of you who don't know Alissa, I taught her musical theatre at the Lindbjerg Academy for many years and then she starred in 'Meet Me In St. Louis' when I directed it for Footlight. (The picture is a very old one that I took of her and her little sister -- who is now the spitting image of her!!)

She and her new husband are working with a group that trains people to go out and do 'missions' (ie. work projects, food distribution, schooling etc.) in other under priviledged countries. It's REALLY cool to see 2 young people so excited about giving to others! A real kick in the seat of my pants!!

4 comments:

Laurz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LALLY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

I just called you, you didn't pick up :(

Hope you have a FANTASTIC day and can I just say I'm so greatful for you coming into the world all those many, mannny years ago ;)

Love you!
Laurz

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

LAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow, Alissa is married - meet me in St. Louis, Louis! Have a wonderful day and a FAB year!!

Amanda A said...

HAPPY BELATED, LUL!


Mine's tomorrow, and Iain's is today!


Woooow.

Kaylee said...

YAY! Happy Birthday! I didn't realize so many people I know have Bdays around this time. They're just all over the place these days!

Love yaaaaa!