Sunday, January 21, 2007

Zeyn Ali



I went to Zeyn Ali's memorial today, downtown at Coastal Church. It was beautiful...so incredibly moving! It was amazing to see so many people, connected in someway, celebrating the life of one so kind, dynamic and talented.
But it struck me, more then anything, that people blaze a trail through their lives so fast, they forget to hold on to those around them. Only through life shattering moments, or times of immense joy do we take the time to look into each others eyes, hold each others hands, and speak words of kindness, support, and love.

Thank you to all of you who attended, to those whom I spoke with, and to those who contributed to such an amazing service. It is my prayer that we continue on from this day, remembering our need for each other.

Thank you Zeyn for sharing everything that you were with so many people -- I know you are at peace and filled with contentment in your new home!

Lost in the Wilderness

Add to My Profile More Videos

4 comments:

Scott - Bottle Dancer said...

Lalinia - Were so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Zeyn Ali.

Our prayers go out to all of you who were touched by Zeyn ... and it appears many.

Tell a friend today ya love em.

Scott & Fraser :)

Jenn's Yarn Addiction said...

We saw you there but didn't get a chance to say hi. Yes, what a whirlwind of emotion that day was, I miss him already. Nice to see so many supportive, loving people there.

Kiltman said...

Fiddler really rocked the room tonight.

So good to see you.

Ryan said...

Congratulations Lalainia, as I wrote in my blog, if I was going to lose, I might as well lose to the best :)